Privacy Notice regarding Biocodex Nordic Customer and Stakeholder register
(incl. Finland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia)
Biocodex Customers and Stakeholders
2 Contact person for register matters
Biocodex Oy / GDPR
3 Name of register
Customer and Stakeholder register
4 What is the legal basis for and purpose of the processing of personal data?
The basis for processing personal data is the legitimate interest of the company based on customer relationship or other connection or; the performance of a contract.
The purpose of the processing of personal data is;
- delivery and development of our products and services
- to respond to inquiries and fulfilling requests, such as sending newsletters or responding to questions and comments,
- fulfilment of contractual obligations and other undertakings of the company,
- management of customer relations,
- organizing events,
- analyzing and profiling of customer or other data subject,
- electronic direct marketing,
- target marketing within the networks of the company and other parties,
- sending administrative information to you, eg. information regarding the sites and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
5 What data do we process?
We process the following personal data of the customer or other data subject in connection with the customer register:
- basic information of the data subject such as name*, customer number, username and/or other identifier, password,
- contact information of the data subject such as email address*, phone number*, address*;
- information regarding the company and its contact persons, such as business ID, names, profession or position in the company, field of expertise and contact information of the contact persons;
- possible direct marketing prohibitions and consents,
- event participation details and possible information regarding the event, such as food limitations,
- information regarding the customership and contract, such as information of past and existing contracts and orders, other transaction information such as correspondence with the customer/data subject, cookies and information associated with them, payment and account information*, as well as information voluntarily provided by the customer himself to the company system.
- other possible information collected based on the consent of the data subject, such as details for pharmacovigilance purposes e.g. date of birth and gender, interest areas when you request for further information on our products or services.
Providing the information marked with a star is a prerequisite for our contractual relationship and/or customer relationship. We cannot deliver the product and/or service without the necessary information.
6 From where do we receive information?
We receive data primarily from the following sources; from the data subject himself, through our websites, social media platforms, public databases, from contact information serviceproviders, joint marketing partners and from other similar reliable sources.
For the purposes described in this privacy notice, personal data may also be collected and updated from publicly available sources and based on information received from authorities or other third parties within the limits of the applicable laws and regulations. Data updating of this kind is performed manually or by automated means.
7 To whom do we disclose data and do we transfer data outside of EU or EEA?
We disclose information to the following parties: IT and HR service providers and other subcontractors that process personal data on behalf of and for us. The data is protected and managed and/or hosted by the external service providers.
We do not disclose personal data outside of EU/EEA.
8 How do we protect the data and how long do we store them?
Only those of our employees, who on behalf of their work are entitled to process customer data, are entitled to use a system containing personal data. Each user has a personal username and password to the system. The information is collected into databases that are protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical measures. The databases and the backup copies of them are in locked premises and can be accessed only by certain pre-designated persons.
We store the personal data for as long as is necessary considering the purpose of the processing.
We regularly assess the need for data retention in light of the applicable legislation. In addition, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the personal data in the register is not incompatible, obsolete or inaccurate considering the purpose of the processing. We rectify or delete such information without delay.
9 What are your rights as a data subject?
As a data subject you have a right to inspect the personal data concerning yourself, which is stored in the register, and a right to require rectification or erasure of the data, provided that the request has a legal basis. You also have a right to withdraw or change your consent.
As a data subject, you have a right, according to EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (applied from 25.5.2018) to object processing or request restricting the processing and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for processing personal data.
For specific personal reasons, you also have the right to object to profiling and other processing operations, when the processing of your data is based on our customer relationship with you. In connection with your request, you will need to identify the specific situation, based on which you object to the processing. We can refuse the request of objection only on legal grounds.
As a data subject you have the right to object to processing at any time free of charge, including profiling in so far as it relates to direct marketing.
10 Who can you be in contact with?
All contacts and requests concerning this privacy notice must be submitted in writing or in person to the person mentioned in section two (2).
11 Changes in the Privacy Notice
Should we make amendments to this privacy notice we will place the amended statement on our website, with an indication of the amendment date. If the amendments are significant, we may also inform you about this by other means, for example by sending an email or placing a bulletin on our homepage. We recommend that you regularly visit out webpage and notice possible amendments to this privacy notice. review these privacy protection principles from time to time to ensure you are aware of any amendments made.